New Dykes Winner!

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

If no one has mentioned it, the new Dykes Medal has been announced. The
winner is BEFORE THE STORM (Innerst '89). It is a rich pure black iris.
Congratulations to Sterling Innerst!!

Naturally, we are seeking an excellent picture of it for the front cover of
the October AIS Bulletin. Slides or glossy photos are fine (matte finish
photos don't scan well at the high resolutions required for magazine
covers). I have a picture of it that I will post on the AIS Web Page in a
few days, but it is not good enough quality for the front cover. I'll
replace it when we get a better one.

We would also like to have a good picture of Sterling Innerst. Since we
don't get a chance to see him too often on the west coast, we thought some
of you folks from the east coast, perhaps people in his region, would be
more likely to have a good picture of him with his irises.

If you have pictures you would like to submit, please email me privately to
work out details of how to get it to us.

Thanks,

Scott Aitken
<zebra@chcs.com>

AIS Web Page URL:  http://www.isomedia.com/homes/AIS