Re: Southern Bearded Iris

><< I. cypriana and I. mesapotamica >>
>Where can I find these two iris species?
>Robert Turley
>LaBelle, FL

Good question, Robert!  I tried for several years and gave up.  Sometimes
British Iris Society Seed Exchange List has one or the other listed...I
believe the seed came from some botanic garden...I question, however, that
these two tetraploids come true from seed...but this may be as close as
possible.  You might contact HIPS, and search for them thru the Locator
Service....unfortunately I don't know the current HIPS Editor's address (or
name for that matter).  Maybe someone else can help on this...  Clarence
Mahan in VA