Maine Chance

Kathy - Thanks for the great report on your trip.  I enjoyed every
word.  I saw you when I peeked in while the judging was going on, but
never happened to get the chance to talk.  I helped out at the sale
table during the judging and talked to lots of people from your group.
 They all seemed to be having a good time.  Many were buying plants
and discussing how to hide them in the van.  They said "Someone got
yelled at yesterday".  Now I know who.

Was hoping to meet Carolyn but didn't.  Carolyn, were you one of the
people I talked to at the sale table?  I didn't get any names.

Ted - I think the Hazeltons won the 2nd runner up at the show.

Paul Dostie's Dappled Dragon was absolutly the largest bloom I have
ever seen - he attributed it to horse manure.

Isn't Andy Wheeler something?  I wondered how he came by the Maine
Chance T-shirt. He's as talented at making arrangements as he is at
everything else.  A very nice young man.  He gave me some foliage to
use in an arrangement at the MASS Medley show when I left mine at home
on a rock.

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate on Saturday.  I live about 75 miles
south of Auburn where the show was held.  We got 3" of rain Saturday,
another quarter inch Sunday night and thunder showers Monday and
Tuesday nights.  Won't have to water this week!

The Whites' garden is fabulous - no matter what season you visit
there's something exciting going on.  They are exceptionally nice
people too.  Do you know that Evelyn White is the editor of The Review
 - the bulletin  of the Society for Japanese Irises?

Speaking of bulletins, I finally received the AIS bulletin today - It
looks great!  Kudos to Scott & Terry Aitken.  I noticed a plug for
Iris-L.  I expect that will generate a lot of new activity on the

I've run on long enough.

Linda Ridlon
No. Berwick, ME
where the daylilies are busting out all over