Re: Iris Rot

Someone asked what makes certain iris rot when no others will.  If we
investigate the hybridizer and his practices you will find that in many
instances that there is a lot of line breeding ( iris incest if you will
!!!).  Continued practice will alway magnify the weak spots in the genetic
character, as with the classic biological case studies of the Jukes and the
Kallikaks (sp?).  I may be right or I may be wrong.  COMMENTS?????

Dave Silverberg in HOT, HOT, HOT Oregon