Re:

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 01:09:26 -0600 (MDT) DavidS1812@aol.com writes:
>Ted White:  I think you were looking at another centerfold. Bennett
>Jones has
>never dealt in DAYLILIES.  Check the photo again!!!!!  We had dinner
>with
>Bennett and Evelyn last evening and we all had a bit of fun at
>Bennett'e
>expense calling him OUR centerfold.
>
>Dave Silverberg

7/15/96      11:39 A.M.

Hi, Dave!

I knew someone was going to pick me up on that error. Caught it last
night when re-reading my message. I'm also a member of the Daylily
E-Mail Robin, and had just finished rattling off a daylily message or
two. So, I guess daylilies had saturated my gray matter! I agree.
Bennett Jones does make a great centerfold! I'm sure those of you who
know Bennett well, will make the most of this opportunity to poke a
little fun. Seriously, though, I was really glad to see Bennett featured
so prominently. We have many of his median introductions here and like
them all. Whenever we are talking about hybridizers of medians,
Bennett's name usually pops up first.

I visited your garden at the '94 Portland Convention, and was impressed
with the irises I saw in your garden. One, in particular caught my eye
--- Redefine Shine (Tom Burseen). This was the most intense shade of
golden yellow that I had ever seen. Combined with the lace and the
ruffling, it was a knockout. Upon returning from the convention, I
immediately sent an order to Tom for 2 rhizomes of RS. I have found the
plant to be very hardy here in Maine, and this year it bloomed on 38"
scapes. This astounded me, for in your garden it was growing at a more
modest height. RS was also a late bloomer here, blooming about the same
time as Schreiner's Feature Attraction, Adventuress (Hamblen),
Burgermeister (Schreiner's) and Charisma (Blocker).

Good to hear from you, Dave. Hope to be in touch from time to time on the
Iris List.

Ted White
Minot, (Pronounced My' nut), Maine
USDA Zone 5