>>Most incredibly robust multiplier that didn't bloom:  BREAKERS  (It's gonna
>>be spectacular next year!)
>Enjoyed your iris report, Lee.  Re the above comment on BREAKERS, I would be
>interested in others experience with this iris.  It has been a good grower
>for me, but a very poor producer of bloom stalks.  Robust yes.  Beautiful
>when it does bloom....but that is not often.  Comments anyone?  Clarence
>Mahan in VA

Excuse me if this is a dumb question (I'm a VERY novice gardener :-) ), but why
would an iris (or any other flowering plant, for that matter) not flower?
Isn't that their whole reason for existing, to propagate themselves?  Or is
blooming less important to irises because they use the rhizome to propagate?
I have a number of irises in my new yard which put up plenty of nice green
leaves this year but had no flowers at all.

P.S.  I've been lurking on this list for a couple of weeks now, and I've
already learned SO MUCH!!  I'll be posting soon to introduce myself, and ask
for advice for my first home and garden, with soon-to-be new iris bed!!

Kathy Moore, Rochester NY