Re: MAINE CHANCE Show

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Edward W White wrote:

> 		(snip)		 Andy Wheeler, a 17-year old youth
> from Colrain, Massachusetts, had the best seedling.

	And what a beauty it was - absolutely breathtaking. John Bauer
	said he never saw anything quite like it. I only wish I had taken
	a photo of it but I'm sure that there will be plenty. John was
	taking several (for the Japanese Bulletin?) and writing copious
	notes. I won't try to describe the seedling, I'll leave that up
	to one of the judges, our own Kathy Guest.

> Maine Iris Society, the Maine Hosta Society, and the Bonsai Society of
> Maine. This really made for a beautiful show.

	The hostas were outstanding and the Bonsai complemented the
	Japanese irises perfectly....little wonder.

	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net, Zone 3, Northern NH