Re: New Iris Bed

Patty Forster wrote:
> Good afternoon to all,
> I just got done preparing a new iris bed.  I have added WELL composted horse
> manure and some screened compost.  Should I add a fertilizer.....

Dennis replies:
I don't think fertilizer now would be advisable.  You have new soil and
manure to get them off to a good start.  If anything, add a handfull of
alfalfa pellets to eash clump, or till some up before planting.  Hope
that helps.
Glad you didn't have any damage from Bertha.  We could have used some of
the rain.
Dennis - who is now watering the garden.