Re: New Iris Bed

Donna wrote:
>.... I think a discussion of what makes some iris weaker than others -   ....Why they won't bloom  - even under ideal situations, wuld be

Hello Donna (way out west),
"weaker than others" can be answered - where you live in the country,
and the hybridizer of the variety.  Some California iris do not do well
at all on the east coast.  Some hybridizers put out "pretty" flowers,
but weak plants.  There is no hard fast answer.
"even under ideal conditions" - Bearded iris can get by with lack of
care and poor growing conditions, and still preform okay.  Sometimes we
growers over do it in soil prep.  Sometime, the variety does not like
where you planted it.  Sounds crazy, but I have had varieties that did
not do well until I moved them to another spot.  Sometimes they need
Hope that helps.

Dennis (way out east) but as close as Cyberspace!!!