AIS Business & Benefits

Amy Moseley Rupp wrote:

:  It's not the $18 I begrudge:  it's the time.
:  I could NEVER volunteer or even really keep up with a club

I think we need to clear up some confusion about the different levels of
membership and participation.  We've discussed the doings of local clubs, such
as shows and programs.   Belonging to a local club does require time & effort --
but you can join most local clubs without being a member of AIS.

And you can join AIS without being a member of any local club.  A lot of people
do just that.  For the $18 bucks, you get four bulletins a year -- which you can
read at your own convenience, as much or as little as you like, and keep up with
the news of the iris world at your own pace.  Whether you take part in regional
or national events, like conventions & treks, is strictly up to you.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)