Re: Fert. & new Sib. & JI's

Dennis Mathiasen wrote:
..But daylilies don't have a summer dormancy period.  Do Siberians?
No they don't.  They can take some dry spells, but not too many.

> What is the best way to get them off to a fast start?If you are planting them in the summer after bloom, LOTS OF WATER!!! If
you have very hot sun, some type of protection until they get started.
I don't use a lot of fertilizer while they are "Restarting"  The key is
water, and plenty of it. If you really need to move them in summer, try
to keep the clump together as much as possible.
Hope that helps!  :-)
Dennis