Re: AIS :Business" & Iris-L

>A recent posting stated:
>
>>I'm not an AIS member.  I am very glad that this list is open
>>to all to discuss irises, and am extremely tolerant of AIS-related
>>postings which are "club business," though they do not directly
>>apply to me.  So I don't have an AIS bulletin to look up suppliers.
>
>     I really  take a personal offense to these kind of remarks.

Bill

Whew!  I didn't take offense at those remarks and I don't think any was
intended (although I didn't write them.  Yes. I am a member of AIS)

I second however your comment about missing out by not being a member.  I've
gardened for most of my life but have only been an AIS member for perhaps
two years.  Wow!  Did I ever miss the boat!  In my own defense, I will say
that I didn't know it existed and when I learned of its existence, I joined
up.  I also am a member of the Am Hemerocallis Soc and comparing the two
journals is like night and day.  The Iris Bulletin is FAR superior.  The
issue recently that gave the Poll results was worth years of dues to me and
was the guiding force in my purchases this year.  (I also fell for a few
pretty faces!)

In my last posting, I made a mistake.  The TB that I really liked, red, was
CAJUN BEAUTY, not GYPSY CARAVAN.

Today a whole clump of Japanese iris burst into bloom.  Wow!  This is the
first I have grown these.  Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.  And.....they
extend the season.  Who could ask for more?

Last soapbox for AIS. for nonmembers only.  The dues are cheap.  A dinner
out on the town and the journal is worth it!

Lee DeJongh in Rhinelander, WI