Re: ROT!!!

Dennis writes

> :I found this tip in the stacks of mail I receive.  Any thoughts?
> :
> :TIP: To help prevent rot and to force the daughters (increases) to grow
> :you should cut the mother (rhizome) right down the middle after the
> :bloom stalk has dried.
>
> Tom wrote:I would think that cutting the old rhizome and leaving it in the
> ground connected to the new ones would be an open invitation to rot,
> not a preventative!

Dennis replies:  I think what was meant was if you are not going to
divide the clump.  On the other hand, I have too much to do to go around
slicing mother rhizomes to get their daughters off the stick!  I will
have to ask the gentleman who sent the tip.
Anybody else want to chime in on this one!!!
PS. Tom, you are doing a great job with this list.  What a great group
of people, with a wealth of knowledge.