Re: Digging bearded iris

Lora L Masche wrote:
> Dennis,
> Am I hearing negative things about Kilt Lite.  Is it not a good grower?
> I have tried to look through all my catalogs to find it but am unable to
> locate it.  It sounds to be a challenge grower, one I would like to take
> on.   I am in zone 8.

Lora, If you love a challenge, you will love KILT LILT!!!! This iris
won the Dykes Medal (how I will never know) and has died more than it
has bloomed.  I have only seen it bloom well (sort of) in 2 gardens in
Region 4, and nowhere else.  I don't think it is such a lovely plicata
anyway.  A lot of plics fade badly after opening.
Anyway, go for it!!!!! Let's hear from you as to your results.  :-)
Dennis (the alfalfa smell is waning)