Re: Digging bearded iris

:Am I hearing negative things about Kilt Lite.  Is it not a good grower?
:I have tried to look through all my catalogs to find it but am unable to
:locate it.  It sounds to be a challenge grower, one I would like to take
:on.   I am in zone 8.

Kilt Lilt indeed has a reputation for poor growth in some areas (I've
heard there are places where they spell it "Kill't Lilt"). In New Mexico
it grows and blooms as well as most other irises, although it is rather
small for a TB. It is a lovely flower, but brown-toned plicatas have
developed so much in the past couple decades that I don't think there's
much of a reason for anyone to seek out Kilt Lilt, unless for sentimental
reasons or if you collect Dykes winners.