Re: Iris handling

>The advice of Dennis on drying fat, water laden rhizomes makes sense to me
and I have read that Ted White does the same but I haven't, and in forty
years or so of growing TBs, I haven't had much problem.  Still, it couldn't

TB season is over here.  Sibs done also.  Now I have one Japanese just about
to open.
EDITH WOLFORD was gorgeous here this year and VICTORIA FALLS didn't fall,
although I'm not overly fond of her.  Light blues are just not my color.  A
deep red, GYPSY CARAVAN was beautiful.  BUTTER & SUGAR was pretty and I had
several blooms on ORVILLE FAY, but otherwise my Sibs were a bust.  I clearly
have a ways to go before I can grow these properly.

It's a good thing I'm moving into lily and dayliy season, otherwise I could
hardly wait for next year.

Lee DeJongh in Rhinelander, WI