Re: FIRST EVER REGION 2 JAPANESE SHOW

>Greetings gentle iris folks - now that the dust has settled, I thought I'd
>give a short summary of the first EVER Region 2 Japanese Iris Show!

I do appreciate all the kind words you direct toward me...but the great
success of your western NY Japanese Iris Show was certainly the result of the
planning and cooperative work you and the other fine Western NY Iris Society
folks put forth.  Johnson's Nursery was a very nice site for the show,
notwithstanding the wind!  I only wish everyone on this list could have seen
the beautiful...stunningly landscaped....Japanese display garden put in by
the people at Johnson's Nursery.  I have never seen any effort at building a
small Japanese garden done so well outside of Japan. Hope to get some good
pictures of that garden which would be great for the AIS BULLETIN.  You all
certainly showed the Buffalo folks the virtures of Japanese irises....Great
job!  Clarence Mahan in VA