Siberian & Japanese...

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Lee De Jongh wrote:

>  (snip)          Sibs done also.  Now I have one Japanese just about
> to open.

	You're ahead of us...our last Siberian just finished today...
  	HARPSWELL HAPPINESS was in bloom since June 20th - a total
	of 19 days! Other good ones for us were SKY WINGS that bloomed
	continually for 18 days and just ended with a flourish on Sunday
	and BUTTER AND SUGAR which started on June 21st and ended on
	July 1st for just 10 days of bloom but there are no branches just
	two buds in the terminal and they were long lasting. The first day
	of bloom eight gorgeous, bright blooms opened up together and it
	was just wonderful...the next two opened one day later and we
	really enjoyed it immensely. The second `round' of flowers were
	not as bright yellow but very hardy, too.

                  (snip)                BUTTER & SUGAR was pretty and
    I had
> several blooms on ORVILLE FAY, but otherwise my Sibs were a bust.  I clearly
> have a ways to go before I can grow these properly.

	Sounds like you are doing just fine....keep your hand on the hose!

	Our Japanese won't be ready until next week - have got four or five
	that might show some color in bud by early next week. Not in time
	for our Maine Iris Society's Japanese show....

	Ellen G.     Lancaster, NH