Re: Irises for northern MN

  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Irises for northern MN
  • From: "J. Steven Brown" <jsbrown@redrose.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 06:07:57 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <jsbrown@[204.249.184.2]>

I grew Schreiner's and several other sources of iris in the St.Paul
area (including some LA's) and I agree with Scott, covering and
DRAINAGE are very important. I lost quite a few when the snow melted
in Feb. one year, and then they (tb's) froze and thawed to mush by
what would have been bloom time.
J. Steven Brown              Mt. Gretna Gardens
                             Iris and Daylilies.
2493 Pinch Road
Manheim, PA 17545-9466
USA                     Internet:jsbrown@redrose.net
(717) 664-4066          Homepage:"http://www.success.net/
  fax 664-5081                                 mggarden/"