Re: Deer problems

> From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

> I am very surprised by this. Are you sure it is the deer that are the
> guilty parties? If you have never caught the bandit in the act, perhaps it
> is a nocturnal animal of some sort, and not the deer as you suspect.

	I agree. We live smack in the middle of the White Mt. Nat'l. Forest
	and have deer and black bears (among other creatures) on our property
	all the time.....our flowers & vegs. are never touched....not even
	our cultivated blueberries. We don't know why and figure that there
	is enough in the woods for the deer, bears, moose and racoons,etc.

> My father has had 6 - 10 deer that have hung around the garden for 20 years
> (probably not the same 10 deer). They eat a few things, but have never
> touched the iris fields.

	The deer enjoy grazing in the field across the street and, again,
	leave the gardens alone. Maybe we have been exceedingly lucky but
	I know people who live in the 'village' who have to cover most
	everything....not enough choices on the menu in town?

	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net   Lancaster, NH  Zone 3