Re: Questions about Rebloomers

Donald Mosser wrote:

 Question: Do most rebloomers rebloom in the Fall or Later in the
Summer?
> Does rebloom time depend on the return of cooler weather or does it
> correlate with day length or another factor?

Dennis replies: For me. I notice rebloom after sharp changes of weather,
and extra moisture.  For example, I am now getting rebloom on some
medians and tb's.  We have just had some 90+ days, followed by several
78 degree days and 52 degree nights.  Very strange for this time of
year.  We have also had plenty of rain.  I give them extra fert. after
spring bloom, usually miracle grow.  When the weather finally cools in
early to mid September, the best rebloom starts and will continue until
frost.  Another factor is keeping them from going to sleep over the hot
summer. Rain and extra water helps.
Hope that answers your inquiry
Dennis (the alfalfa still smells good)
drstone@roanoke.infi.net