Re: Labeling Test for Bearded Iris

Donald Mosser wrote:
> I didn't have any old mini-blinds so I had to get creative.  I'm testing a
> new bearded iris labeling material...

Dennis replies:
As for labeling techinques, I do the following:  I use Microsoft ACCESS
software to keep my garden records on.  I then use the label part of the
software to design the label type I want, including font, size and info.
I print them 14 to a 8 1/2 X 11" sheet (2 rows of 7).  I then take the
printout and go to a copier and copy onto AVERY #6725 Non-Tear White
sheets.  This is a vinyl-like material. I cut to the size I need, (using
the Paw-Paw 1 1/4 X 3 1/2 medal label) and glue with E-6000 or GOOP, or
any other water-proof stickum' I have used this for 3 1/2 years and they
have with stood all weather types.  I'm not sure if Avery still makes
the 6725, but someone has simular material you can use.