Beardless Iris Sales

Hello Everyone:

Yesterday I spent most of the day at the annual rhizome sale of the Central
Arkansas Iris Society in Little Rock.  And I am pleased to report that, for
the first time since I've been participating (about 8 years) we sold as
many or more beardless irises as bearded.  Even more surprisingly, we sold
out of all the beardless (even unnamed Louisianas and Siberians)--and there
were bearded rhizomes left on the tables at the end of the day!  For the
first time, we also had a goodly number of medians for sale...and people
seemed interested in them.  I hope this is a "trend."  Regardless, we sold
lots of rhizomes, signed up a number of new members for the local society,
and distributed hundreds of pages of literature on iris culture.

Tired and broke, but happy in Little Rock,

Tom Dillard