Re: Questions about Rebloomers

In a message dated 96-07-08 07:33:59 EDT, Donald Mosser wrote:

> Do most rebloomers rebloom in the Fall or Later in the Summer?
>Does rebloom time depend on the return of cooler weather or does it
>correlate with day length or another factor?

Each reblooming iris is different.Bloom time is climate and weather
dependent.  Some are very consistent bloomers in September and October, e.g.
Autumn Buglar, Corn Harvest, Jennifer Rebecca, Buckwheat, Clarence, Eternal
Bliss, I Do, Immortality.  But some like Immortality, Baby Blessed, Jean
Guymer, et al, often bloom in July and August too.  Some like Violet Miracle
and Gideon Victorious almost never rebloom until late Oct or early November
here....but the time might be different for you even though you are only an
hour or less away from me. Violet Music on the other hand seems to put up
bloom stalks whenever it feels like it....sometime early, sometimes late.  We
do not know for sure what triggers rebloom...it surely is genetic, and hybrid
vigor almost certainly plays a role...but?  Maybe others will give their
views on this.  Clarence Mahan in VA