Re: Irises for northern MN

> > What if we, in Zone 8b, want to try out some mail ordered Iris
> > from zone 3 (Siberia :)
>
> 	OK - first of all, Zone 3 is not Siberia anymore than Texas is
> 	Tunisia.

Actually, Texas *is* Tunisia.  I was merely commenting that we
perceive the climate of zone 3 as very very cold, probably much
more so than it is... not that it's a wasteland or exile.  It's
a vastly different, polar :-) opposite from our climate.  I did
put a smiley after Siberia but I confess it was poorly formed
due to the parenthetical closing and lack of nose!

> 	1. Take AIS bulletin

I'm not an AIS member.  I am very glad that this list is open
to all to discuss irises, and am extremely tolerant of AIS-related
postings which are "club business," though they do not directly
apply to me.  So I don't have an AIS bulletin to look up suppliers.

> 	The two from Montana, Mountain View Gardens in Columbia Falls and
> 	Sourdough Iris Gardens in Bozeman are in Zone 3.
>
> 	There are probably others but I can't say for sure. The supplier
> 	is North Dakota is probably Zone 3 and others as well.

Thanks for the info.

> 	Uh, Amy, I was not trying to be noble at keeping the list un-
> 	cluttered with useless information.....I was seriously trying to
> 	be helpful to Kim.

OK, point taken... we'd just had a 'censorship' and 'careful editing'
discussion and I thought it was an example of deleting *too* much
information to be taken to private mail, when many might be interested.

Sorry if my tone was snippy.

--
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b