Re: Popularity Polls

Jim,

Your point is well taken regarding general knowledge of beardless iris.  If
we
truly wish to promote general interest we need to keep this uppermost in our
minds.  However, time is doing some of that ffor us with so many of the
beardless taking queen of our shows now.  Also judges are receiving so much
more training within regions and attempting to familiarize themselves with
them if they are  asked to judge them.

I lecture often to garden clubs and while many appreciate the beauty of the
beardless they seem almost afraid to attempt to grow them.  This list, our
AIS
page and specialty shows for the public to view will certainly help.  In my
Region V we are seeing landscapers using some Siberian iris in their
plantings.
Wouldn't it be natural to assume because of their name they might do better
in a colder climate?

I'm sure Scott and his father will agree to promoting ALL iris and with our
encouragement publish  the various section popularity polls.

Claire 235, Isle of Palms, S.C.