Re: herbs and bacterial rot (was Moth Balls etc)

Now if only herbs would repel bacteria.  Anybody know of anything which does
repel soil bacteria (iris soft rot) rather than kill them?  I know they
aren't all that mobile, but when they invade a host, is that a passive
process?  I have read about root exudates and all the beneficial and
destructive microorganisms that depend on them - are there some exudates that
tast bad to a bacterium?  Or is the best we could hope for that some exudates
nourish the microbial predators that eat the bacteria?

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com