Re: suggestion to list operator

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:
> Thanks to Tom for his attempts to keep postings more or less on topic, short,
> and with appropriate subject lines.  Most of us slip now and then, but some
> seem to have a harder time than others - maybe we need a 'ticket' system,
> like in soccer.  If we get past a certain number of violations, we get put
> out of the game for a while.  The more intentional or egregious the violation
> appears in the view of the referee (Tom), the quicker we get sidelined.
> Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com

While I agree with asking people tp try tp kep the postings on topic and
the subject lines appropriate to the content, I don't agree with what
amounts to censorship! AOL is known for this.(with their so-called
guides and reading of peoples e-mail and lists of "bad words" etc., Last
I heard, freedom of speech was still available in USA and Canada. The
Iris List is an unmoderated forum at last note. It basically moderates
itself. Basically if you don't want to be bothered reading a posting
just delete it! Exercise the delete key...
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
Director, Canadian Iris Society
e-mail: cris@netcom.ca