Re: Irises for northern MN

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Kimberly A. Hawbaker wrote:

> Does anyone know of a supplier for Iris in a similar winter climate as I live
> in? I live in  Northern Minnesota and even though the Schrieners catalog states
> zone 1-9 (we are considered zone 3) I am told it is better to buy from a
> supplier with a similar winter climate.

	Welcome Kim! Now there are three of us who admit being from Zone 3.

	I am buying some iris from different climatic zones for the first
	time this summer so I will test out the waters next Spring. I will
	send you some addresses by private e-mail of iris being sold in
	colder climates (only two that I know about in Zone 3 that sell
	by mail).

	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net    No. NH   Zone 3