Re: Digging bearded iris

Donald -- a woman here put a rhizome that she bought at our sale in a paper
bag, which got tossed into her garage and stayed there over the winter.
She found it the next year, planted it and it grew just fine!! The other
day I was at her place and about 6 to 10 iris from last year never got
put into the soil, but were in an out of the way spot, still in plastic
grocery bags, growing and she said they had bloomed this spring!! Maybe not
so good as with TLC, but they were thriving on neglect!!

And so, there might be life in the old girls, yet!
CarolynSchaffner -going out right now and putting in my new pieces of