Re: Irises for northern MN

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

Though my father is now known as a Pacific Northwest hybridizer, he got his
start growing irises in Minnesota back in the early '70s.  He had no
trouble growing Schreiner irises at the time (mind you that was 20+ years
ago).

I seem to recall Minnesota winters being a tad chilly [insert sarcasm
here]. Part of the trick is just protecting them in winter -- and
especially when you get freezing and thawing in spring. This is probably
more important than who you buy the irises from.

Scott.