Re: packing technique for beardless iris

>They are doing the Bruce H. dance in the old dishpan (perhaps it's the lack
>of colorful design in the child's pool??) I found a borer in one of them
>the other week and sprayed with cygon.. what do you suppose is going on??
>Will the foliage-less rhizome which does have some white roots carry on??
>What sort of soil should be in those pots?? Should I increase the sand for
>better drainage??? Fertilizer??  Gosh, I hate seeing my $$$ disintegrate --
>and since I have one of the five growing great guns with no extra attention,
>only 10 inches from another, I can't figure it.

I sent you separate message on this problem.  Where ever you got the irises,
if dealer is reasonable, should be willing to replace irises if they do not
grow.  As I said in other message, keep them shaded and well watered.  I find
regular garden soil is good, but others mix in peat and compost. Once growing
well, some well rotted or bagged dehydrated cow manure can be added.
 Clarence Mahan in VA