Re: Digging bearded iris

At 06:57 PM 7/7/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Here's my question: How long can bearded irises remain out of the ground
>after digging before there are adverse effects?  Assuming cool(~75 degrees
>F, this is cool in the Southern U. S. summers!), dry, indoor storage
conditions.

Donald,
I have found most bearded iris to be very forgiving.  In fact, a historical
(still not identified, but must be because my grandmother brought it from
Michigan to California in the early 50's) was accidently packed in a box
with other things after my grandmother passed on and was not discovered
until two years later.  The iris is growing quite nicely in my mom's beds
right now.

Craig Hughes, Where the L. lancifolium are blooming their heads off!
LISTSERV-OWNER LILY-L
chughes@inlink.com
St. Louis, MO.
Zone 5