Re: moles-voles

	Greetings,

	I don't have have `much' trouble with moles/voles these days but
	I did at one time - they would eat my tulip bulbs and any other
	bulbs I planted....got two cats and problem disappeared.

	However, a friend of mine does have problems with her bearded
	irises and the mole/vole critters and she started to put moth
	balls around the iris...I don't know how far away from the plants.

	She has a nursery in Vermont and it seems to be going okay for
	her....I don't know what chemicals moth balls are made of and
	this is just hearsay (since I never have done it) but I guess
	it doesn't harm the iris.(?)

	I do not advocate chemicals in gardening but I know some folks
	on the do use them.

	The smell would keep me away,

	Ellen   e_galla@moose.ncia.net   Lancaster, NH    The 3rd Zone.....