Re: Iris vs. the Wildlife

At 10:10 PM 7/3/96 -0600,  Sharon McAllister wrote:
>The most effective critter control we've ever had was a Great Pyrenees.

Deer are no problem at all when you have a Pyr.  For ten years my neighbors
who live 2,000 feet away thru the woods complained bitterly about the deer.
I could hardly understand it, and wanted to see more of these beautiful
animals.  Pyrs take their ownership job extremely seriously.  No living
thing is allowed without permission.  Now that my good friend is gone, a
deer rifle has a certain appeal.

Deer are a miserable problem in the daylily beds all summer.  Iris is not
the usual target, but in the spring gets sampled and thorougly trampled.
Pseudacorus was the only one munched down to the ground.

Dennis Mathiasen
Zone 4b Central NY