Re: Planting times

> The late, great
>> Japanese iris breeder Adoph Vogt was a great advocate of growing Japanese
>> irises in pots in plastic wading pools....he wrote several articles on the
>> subject.  Clarence Mahan in VA
>Does anyone have citations for these articles?

There are articles on growing JIs in pots in the Society for Japanese Irises
THE REVIEW, back copies of which can be obtained from John Coble, 9823 E.
Michigan Ave, Galesburg, MI 49053.  Back issues are available at $1.50.  I
either read Adolph's articles in THE REVIEW or in the AIS Bulletin, but
neither are currently indexed so it would be a big search to go looking for
the articles (and I am pushed for time at present).  (I was also in a robin
with Adoph for many years so I also read a lot about Adoph's "pools" in these
robin letters.)    There is also information on growing JIs in pots in The
Japanese Iris, the book by Currier McEwen, also available from SJI (John
Coble) for $24.95, post paid.  Clarence Mahan in VA