At 05:04 AM 7/3/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Whatever it is had missed the last 4 so I staked them... and discovered
>yesterday that lily - stake and all - was history!
>Anyone have any clues?  Any solutions?  I am most assuredly NOT a happy

Bunnies would be a good guess.  They tend to leave mine alone because my
cats lay in my lily beds and bushwack them when they get close.

Sorry to hear about the lilies.  I am separating a crowded 4' x 4' patch of
some nice 1a whites this fall if you need some replacements.

Craig Hughes, Where it has been in the 80's and 90's for the last two weeks
and most of my lilies are gone. :(  Just waiting for the reblooming Iris to
St. Louis, MO.
Zone 5