Irisborer@aol.com wrote:
>....cleverly chewing off my lilies at ground level, then feasting on the buds!
..had missed the last 4 so I staked them... and discovered yesterday
that lily - stake and all - was history!
> Dennis replys:  Kathy, There is a lovely garden near to my house where I
have sat of the deck and watched wabbits do as you describe.  They are
very clever creatures.  They have spent hundreds of dollars each year
replacing the lilies, just to see them crunched and munched.
They are not happy campers either, hey maybe you both can open a "Not a
Happy Camper" garden.  Just show bear dirt and stubs where plants use to
be. Even charge admission!!! ;-)

Dennis (finally cooler weather) Stoneburner