Re: moles-voles

>I have had a number of inquiries from gardeners about mole/vole
>problems.  Several solutions have been sent to me to be published in
>Newscast, but I was wondering if anyone else had other ideas?
>Remember - moles dig holes for grubs, voles follow behind and eat
>plants.  HELP!!!  :-(

Nothing in this world is a better mole/vole control than a big cat!  Our
previous owner for 15 years was Alex, a sleek tabby who allowed no vole to
live in our garden more than a day.  Our present owner, the huge grey
longhair Yo, is a bit slower but just as deadly...he is so monstrous that I
think he just looks at them and scares them to death...in any case both cats
have lined their catches up on our deck...which causes my wife to scream
(every time)...but after I remove the varmits, my wife always gives the cat a
special treat.  My neighbors have mole and vole problems...we do not! Cat!
That's the answer.  Clarence Mahan in VA