Re: Iris vs. the Wildlife

Yes, Sharon, but it was a New Mexican New Pyrenees.  Sorry, I couldnt
resist.  I would love to be in New Mexico,or even home in Texas, but alas
I am still here in Fairbanks, where:
the Iris setosas are just about thru.  I now the list discussed the
merits/repercussions of planting non-indiginous plants, but I am thinking
of taking some of the seed pods home and planting them in some clay
pots.  Any special treatment, etc needed?

I love to see all the coments on voles, moles, deer and such; the folks
up here have moose and brown bears to deal with.  The moose are
ferocious forragers, and from what I have seen, will eat just about
anything in their path: irises, fireweed, lupine, lambs ear, horse tail
ferns and everything else along the roadsides.

Hopefully home soon, to see my own gardens, or what is left in the hot
Texas drought,
Sharon A Ruck, the herb and Harley-Davidson lady