Sib Article

Just finished reading a nice Siberian article by Jennifer Hewitt in the June
edition of the "The Gardner" (Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society).
It covered a brief history of Sib development from species; recent hybrid
development; a little culture and of course British Iris.  The best part was
of course were the pictures.  They include Laurenbuhl, Rejoice Always, Blue
Brilliant, Steve Varner, Roaring Jelly, Mable Coday, Gatineau, Soft Blue,
Navy Brass, Auglesey, Dreaming Spires, Anniversry, Butter and Sugar, Dance
Ballerina Dance, Berlin Ruffles, Seren Wib, Shirley Pope, Summer Sky, Purple
Mere, Cool Spring, Nora Dustin, Pappillon, Perry's Pigmy, Wisley White, Blue
King, Mrs. Rowe, Phosphorflamme, Snow Crest, and Perry's Blue.

I realize that many of these may be interesting to some of you (especially
the ones who went to the MASS Medley), but I was impressed.  I just started
growing Sibs last year and none of them bloomed this year.  So The pictures
got me excited about next years blooms to come.

In another article on a 1994 alpine plant expedition to China they inclued a
very nice picture of I. dolichosiphon ssp orientalis.  The article also had
three pictures of lilies that I had only read about, L. souliei, L.
lophophorum, and L. euxanthum (previously unknown in cultivation!).  Anyone
got seeds for sale???? :)

Great edition.  If you get a chance to read through it and drool, do it.

Craig Hughes, Where it has been in the 80's and 90's for the last two weeks
and most of my lilies are gone. :(  Just waiting for the reblooming Iris to
start.
chughes@inlink.com
St. Louis, MO.
Zone 5