Hello everyone...Karin has a question about stopping deer from eating
anything and everything...we have deer everywhere and I spray with HINDER,
here in the west I buy it at K-Mart. It will keep them away until a heavy
rain comes and then you have to do it again. But it DOES work. My iris gave
very few blooms this year...first we were really cold and then warm,
starting growth and then we would have a severe freeze again...Beverly
Sills, a lovely big ruffled blue, and a copper colored one...the puppies ran
off with my wooden stakes with names... but these were the only ones that
bloomed. Lost some to rot, now I am going to get me some Japanese Iris, and
Siberian.  They should do well here, our altitude is 4200 feet with a little
snow. Karin I hope this is a help with the deer for you...we are planning a
HIGH fence. Enjoy the list everyone... Cyn
Cynthia Bishop  (916) 398-4203
Golden Hills Nursery, P.O. Box 247,
Macdoel, Ca., 96058 Zone 7
Begonias, Ferns and perennials
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sowed never dies"
Gertrude Jekyll