Re: Deer problems

>Any suggestions for keeping the deer away? I hate to use nets and
>     cages over the plants; does anyone have any favorite repellents or
>     other tricks?

It sounds like you have some very hungry deer!  Here the deer nibble off the
buds of the roses and daylilies but leave the iris alone.

This year I have been applying a solution of four eggs and four tablespoons
of Tabasco in two gallons of water on the roses.  So far the deer have stayed
away.  Your deer may be so hungry that they wouldn't care.

-Lowell Baumunk
Colorado