Re: deer problems

linda crossette wrote:

> Surprized to hear about deer eating hostas, daylillies, and iris.  Those are a
> few of the "safe" plants in our country garden.  Deer have dined on all our
> evergreens except the blue spruce and holly, (rhododendron and arborvitae being
> particular favorites).  They've munched my impatiens, roses, holly hocks,
> cosmos, and apple and peach trees but NEVER iris, not even the ones that do
> bloom!
> Dennis comments: Oh yes, deer love hostas and lilies.  They even love
iris both siberian and tall bearded. In fact, deer will eat just about
anything they like, esp. those things you love the most!!!

Linda continues:
 I've heard that human hair works.  Maybe you could ask your hairdresser
to save
> some.  I thought about it but found the idea of hair in my garden unappealing.

Dennis continues:
Yes human hair does work in areas where there is little human population
around. Fences, esp. electric ones are some what effective, but let's
face it, when they want in, they WANT IN!!!

regards,

Dennis Stoneburner  drstone@roanoke.infi.net