Re: Navajo Jewel & JI's GALORE

> It
>just may be that in Navajo Jewel's case, many people are finding it
>difficult to grow outside of its native California home.

Ted... I'm glad to hear this.  I've been nursing my piece for years in order
to get a look at that gorgeous turquoise color every so often when it can't
rot fast enough.  I figgered it was my poor gardening... maybe NOT!

I have to digress and gush about the Japanese iris beginning to swing into
full tilt bloom in the Guest garden!  I should be suffering "iris anxiety"
since our show is Saturday and I should be worrying that the bloom is coming
on so  fast... but I'm enthralled by the absolute and utter beauty of these
plants!

MIDNIGHT STARS... a 6 petal of deepest midnight blue with a sparkling of
white resolving to a flash...

STATELY FLAMINGO... is lording over my garden - so tall you can't walk past -
so absolutely REGAL that I'm drawn back again and again

Aitken's DINO... one fabulous 6 petal - showing the same winning form as
Cascade Crest

Kathyguest's seedlings... all crosses of Anna Rettig's NIAGARA POWER and
POPULAR ACCLAIM or IAPSUS - some hideous... but others are respectable garden
flowers.  None yet with the presence of Anna's flowers

THIS IS SURELY PARADISE!!!!!

Kathy Guest - lovin' life