Deer and Iris

Our deer herd has beautiful alfalfa fields to graze in, but they still come
here for dessert...iris, daylilies, strawberries, raspberries... our final
solution is going to be a 9 ft. tall fence around our back border which
backs up to the state forestry lands. I have watched them eat our iris and
munch on roses and other goodies...since we don't hunt they have no fear of
us either...I chased the deer out the yard one morning and as I turned and
walked back into the yard they followed me. I thought I would add Siberian
and Japanese iris to vary their diet.  Cyn
Cynthia Bishop  (916) 398-4203
Golden Hills Nursery, P.O. Box 247,
Macdoel, Ca., 96058 Zone 7
Begonias, Ferns and perennials
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sowed never dies"
Gertrude Jekyll