Re: planting time in short-season areas

> Tom Tadfor Little wrote:

> > You folks who live in short-season areas: When do you dig?

	I second Chris H.'s advice about our own micro-climates being unique.

	Here in Zone 3, I HAVE to plant before mid-August to make sure roots
	are anchored before the first hard frost which can decimate any plant
	and usually kill our tomatoes before they get red (some years).

	But our case in the Northern White Mountains is so singular that we
	are an anomaly - but we still garden and with success!

	Still in Siberian bloom (what a fine year),

	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net     Lancaster, NH