Re: popularity parade (was getting the blues)

  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: popularity parade (was getting the blues)
  • From: tlittle@Lanl.GOV (Tom Tadfor Little)
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 10:48:26 -0600

Dennis writes

:I print Region 4's [popularity poll results] in NEWSCAST,
:Spring issue. Maybe other Regions would start doing the same.  It is
:indeed interesting how the voting goes.

Our region does this too, and it's very interesting to look out. A
little caution is worthwhile, though, because the number of votes in
a particular region is small enough that not all differences from
the national results are significant; some differences are just due
to chance.

:I'm not sure if this is legal, but here goes.... If anyone is interested
:in receiving NEWSCAST - Region 4 publication, it is $3.00 per year for 2
:issues. e-mail me for details.

Not only is it legal--it is encouraged! Some of the best iris reading
I've come across was in newsletters from outside my own region. If your
local newsletter is available to out-of-region subscribers, Iris-L is
a fine place to announce the fact.

Happy irising, Tom.