Re: Iris Experiment!

Chris writes

:In the near future I will start to receive some new Tall Bearded iris
:rhizomes. As a result of recent over winter survival problems with the
:TB's I am planning an experiment of sorts. Last year I lost all
:of my new TB acquisition plants. Instead of planting them directly in
:the garden as I have done in previous years, I will be planting them in
:pots as suggested earlier in the year by some of our loyal fellow Iris
:Listers!

I realize I'm not answering your questions, but I would like to make
a suggestion: Plant some of them outside too, as a control group. Of
course, you'd be running the risk of losing those, but then you'd
really know how effective the planting in pots is in reducing your
losses.

Happy irising, Tom.