Re: growing iris seed

Sonya wrote:

>            HI   What a great list with great people.
>
> I want to say thanks to Silverb & Craig H for making me feel so welcome.
> I am enjoying the vivid descriptions of your iris' as I am in the middle of
> winter here in New Zealand without an iris flower to be seen.
> Okay could someone help me with some advice on how to grow Lousiana Iris
> from seed.  I know that they will be different from their parents. To grow
> something from seed & wait for the flowering is all part of the allure.
> I wish all a nice day
> Cheers Sonya
> mcsmudh@wave.co.nz

Soyna, I would gladly trade you some 95 degree days for some of your
winter days?  At least your bloom time is coming up, where ours is
finished, except for the rebloomers.
Tell us more about New Zealand? Growing conditions, soil, etc.
only in cyberspace can this be happen'n.

Regards, Dennis (I still smell alfalfa) Stoneburner
drstone@roanoke.infi.net